Categories
Issue 2: Making Conversation

Women Of The NHS

These podcasts reflect my recent collaboration with Women of the NHS. This podcast is all about celebrating and collaborating with Women of the NHS, from a variety of backgrounds and roles within the NHS. I am excited to be interviewing and working with Women in various stages of their careers and across different sectors of the NHS.

These podcasts reflect my recent collaboration with Women of the NHS. This podcast is all about celebrating and collaborating with Women of the NHS, from a variety of backgrounds and roles within the NHS.  I am excited to be interviewing and working with Women in various stages of their careers and across different sectors of the NHS.  

Dr Shehla

Nobody Comes Into A Public Sector Job To Become A Millionaire Or A Billionaire, egg tempera on board, 65.5×50.5cm, 2023

Dr Mojisola

You are in a world of your own- Dr Mojisola, Egg Tempera on board, 20x30cm, 2023

Dr Bushera

More Women In The Top Positions, Egg Tempera on board, 38x60cm, 2023

Dr Sharon

Photography Of Dr Sharon, 2023

Images

Kate Kelly, Nobody comes into a public sector job to become a millionaire or a billionaire, egg tempera on bord, 65.5×50.5cm, 2023

Kate Kelly, You are in a world of your own, Egg Tempera on board, 20x30cm, 2023

Kate Kelly, More Women In The Top Positions, Egg Tempera on board, 38x60cm, 2023

Kate Kelly, Photography Of Dr Sharon, 2023

Kate Kelly, Photography of Dr Nikita, 2023

Kate Kelly, Photography of Dr Lucrèce, 2023

Bigg, M. (2023) This Won’t Hurt, Great Britain by Hodder & Stoughton An Hachette UK Company.

Campbell, O (2021) Women in White Coats, How The First Women Doctors Changed The World Of Medicine, United States of America by Park Row Books by Park Row Books.

Dunn, N (2018), Talking To Women, Silver Press.

Kay, A. (2022,2023) UNDOCTORED, The Story of a Medic Who Ran Out of Patients, Great Britain by Trapeze. 

Patterson, J. (2023) Critical Why the NHS is being betrayed and how we can fight for it, London, Mudlark Harper Collins Publishers.

Whitaker, P. (2023) What is A Doctor? A GP’s Prescription For the Future, Great Britain by Canongate Books Ltd. 

About the author

Kate Kelly is an artist and educator based in London/Norfolk working in the media of painting and sound. Kelly’s work explores themes around feminism, collaboration and portraiture.

Kate Kelly graduated from UAL Camberwell in 2023 from MA Fine Art Painting. These podcasts and paintings represent my collaboration between different women working within the NHS today. I collaborated with:

Dr Shehla

Dr Mojisola

Dr Bushera

Dr Sharon

Dr Nikita

Dr Lucrèce

Website: https://www.katekellyart.co.uk

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/katekelly5015/